Defiance has a very strong Microsoft Practice ranging from custom application development on the .Net platform to having solution frameworks focused on industry verticals on enterprise platforms. We are a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner and we have a highly experienced team comprising of Solution Architects, Microsoft Certified Consultants, SMEs and PMI Certified Project Managers.
- Product Engineering
- ERP Services
- IT Services
- Microsoft Technologies
- Open Source Technologies
- Enterprise 2.0
- Infrastructure Management Services
- Verification & Validation
- Emerging Technologies
- Manufacturing Solutions
The Parts E-Catalogue solution is a completely customizable solution that automates the creation and deployment of illustrated parts catalogues for complex equipments.
The visual below provides a high level overview of the solution:
Sales teams often lack unified parts information connecting Dealer network and OEM’s. The Product catalogue has to be manually searched which results in wastage of time and inaccuracy of product information. There is inconsistency in the parts of information in offline media and PLM systems (CD/DVD based catalogue, Paper systems, and PDF files). There is also a lack of synchronization between PLM systems and other catalogue information and the absence of integration with backend CRM/ERP/Order processing systems.
To overcome these challenges, Defiance developed a completely customizable solution that could be deployed over the Internet. The solution provided complete synchronization with the customer’s PLM system and backend CRM, ERP and order processing systems. The solution caters to all manufacturing and trading enterprises with large number of components or assemblies.
The web based application catalogue system displays products through a web browser. Users can view parts, query and add products to their online shopping cart through an interface that allows for easy navigation. The solution also enables online payments.
An administrator at the customer end has the right to define products and other metadata and access control mechanisms. The catalogue system is integrated with back-end CRM / ERP systems and other application in the LOB including Order processing. The solution provides for real time synchronization with integration to PLM to upgrade parts for new variants. The solution also has a reporting system for MIS and DSS.
The solution uses technologies such as Microsoft. Net, WPF, SQL SERVER Express 2008
- Reaches products to market faster than the competition
- Cuts order processing time and costs by half
- Reduces errors and delays
Product Home Screen
First Level Drill Down Screen
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution
Defiance has developed a niche SharePoint based PLM solution for the manufacturing industry. This lightweight, low cost SharePoint PLM solution has been developed for product development and engineering change management. This solution can be hosted on cloud and has CAD integration with AutoCad, NX and SolidEdge.
Manufacturers want to have a cost-effective product life cycle management tool with business workflow management. They are also looking for PLM integration with existing engineering applications.
- Customizable to product life cycle with flexible tool-kit oriented features
- Secure and role based access to relevant information
- Pre-built Process Template available for process usage backed up by product information
- Enterprise Search, Secure and Document creation and management
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office Products to boost productivity
- Legacy system integration to protect investments
Defiance Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution enables concerned stakeholders to effectively innovate and manage product-related data and common processes, thus enabling enterprise-wise collaboration. Our PLM solution helps stakeholders to leverage product data from enterprise systems as well as product drawings in CAD systems, and only focuses on the collaboration work flow that is required to enhance work place productivity.
- Process Flow
- Customizable Process Flow
- Security and Access rights for each Process
- Process Status Indication
- Alert Notification
- In Process and Maintenance ECO
- Manage Product Life Cycle
- Bill of Material
- Configuration Management
- Product Structure in Tree view
- Thumbnail for each Item
- Part Search and Item Revision
- Hierarchical Classification
- Product Cost Management
- Document Review Management
- User Interface
- Custom UI for Process Templates
- Executive Dashboard with real-time Statistics
- Schedule Manufacturing Jobs
- Calendar display for Job Distribution
- Extensive Reports
- Integration with SolidEdge
- Artifacts Maintained in SharePoint
- Robust Office Integration
- BOM Integration
The solution uses technologies such as Microsoft SharePoint foundation 2010, .Net, 4.0 C#.Net, Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Higher employee productivity
- Lower IT costs
- Unlimited user base - No additional PLM licenses needed
- Leveraging investments in legacy applications
- Reduction in Product Liabilities through better tracking
- Improve Market Share and Gross Margins
MLearning is a multi-user environment where tutors or administrator from educational institutions can create, store, manage, reuse and deliver digital learning contents from a central repository. Courses can be published and placed in an online catalogue and students can log in using PDAs via browser and launch their respective courses.
There is a growing need for learning on the go by student population and support distance learning in a more interactive manner. Learning needs to be delivered in a manner that provides for repeated reference without having to deliver the session again.
There is also the need to minimize the travel requirements of expert trainers. The entire system should be an integrated one for collaborative learning and evaluation while providing automation of back office evaluation processes to improve staff productivity.
MLearning enables institutions to:
- Create course and curriculum structure, upload relative contents
- Conduct virtual classroom
- Manage e-library of videos, PDFs, PPTs
- Build on-line tests
- Conduct examination, process scores and publish results
- Create a communication forum
- Manage role-based user privileges
- Ability to handle both a desktop user and a mobile user
- Ability to handle content types that are text, image and/or videos
- Ability of end users who are technology neutral to create and publish their own content
- Online Calendar that allows efficient tracking of activities one is responsible for
- Chat facilities to perform real time collaboration without leaving the learning eco system
The solution uses technologies such as Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Increased productivity via centralized management
- Reusability of all course-wise contents
- Reduced training-related travel
- Consistently delivered training
- Rapid content creation
- Increased productivity with a collaborative, team-based content creation environment and built-in workflows