In current market conditions accelerated go-to-market is critical for gaining a competitive advantage. Long verification and validation cycles, managing multiple projects and processes are some of the challenges that companies face. Defiance Testing Unit with its risk-based testing techniques, continual improvement methodologies and vendor agnostic approach to tools allows you to easily manage complex, large-scale projects, evolving requirements and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Product Engineering
- ERP Services
- IT Services
- Microsoft Technologies
- Open Source Technologies
- Enterprise 2.0
- Infrastructure Management Services
- Verification & Validation
- Emerging Technologies
- Manufacturing Solutions
Verification & Validation
We understand the need for a comprehensive testing strategy that will reduce bottlenecks and ensure better business productivity. Defiance Testing Unit has a functional approach to testing that involves continuous engagement with development team(s) to understand requirements, verify, evaluate, define parameters and comply thus ensuring user acceptance.
Integration testing validates the component interoperability after the individual components are combined into groups through interfaces. Defiance Testing Unit focuses solely on the outputs generated in response to a range of inputs as test data and verify the data flow across modules.
Defiance Testing Unit is focused towards evaluating the system as a whole. We also checks the compliance of a system against various parameters identified.
Defiance Testing Unit (DTU) ensure proper behaviour of an application after fixes or functional improvements have been applied to the software. Defiance Testing Unit (DTU) teams are adept enough to carry out both manual and automated regression testing based on the requirement.
User Acceptance Testing
User acceptance testing is a critical and final step before going live with process. This service focuses on providing good business sense to the intended users in an easily acceptable manner. DTU helps the customer to perform UAT
DTU do smoke testing, covering the most crucial functionalities in the system so as to ascertain that they work as expected. Here focus is to cover these identified crucial functionalities using very few sample test cases without bothering with finer details.
Defiance Best Practices for Functional Testing
- Understand business requirement through interaction with SMEs
- Perform Black box testing
- Prepare detailed Test plans and Test cases
- Review for functional side for exhaustiveness
- Test Automation configuration for complete test cycle, pertaining to each case
- Perform Boundary and equivalent partitioning testing
- Execution of test cases for positive, negative and destructive scenarios
- Systematic testing across User Interface layer, Business layer and Database layer
- Defect Tracking and Closure
- Maintain Requirement Traceability Matrix; Root cause analysis
- Regression testing for each release
- Analysis of Test Results and Recommendation
Ambiguity of testing requirements needlessly extends the software development cycle. Our Automated Testing tools developed by DTU professionals with extensive hands-on expertise gives timely, cost-effective and accurate test results.
DTU is using Automated Testing tools, where ever required, to bring forth distinct advantages to provide timely, cost effective and accurate test results. DTU Professionals have extensive hands-on expertise to develop automated test scripts for regression testing, checking of data values in back end servers with databases (like Oracle) and Load / performance testing of internet, intranet and extranet applications.
- Focus on design
- Expert professionals who not only test but generate code
- Clear, well-defined Automation development and governance plan
- Detailed documentation on Test scenarios and Automation scripting
- Planned bug tracking and rectification
- Identification of reusable functions in automation scripts
DTU Tools Conversant
Type of Testing
Functional / Regression tool
QTP (HP), Selenium (Open Source)
Test Management tool
QA Director ( Micro Focus-Compuware )
Defect /Issue Logging, Tracking and Analysis
Track Record ( Micro Focus-Compuware), Bug Tracker.net (Open Source), Bugzilla (Open Source), JIRA (Atlassian)
Open STA (Open source), Jmeter
VSTS (Visual Studio Team Server)
A few of our best practices and processes are briefly outlined below for Automation Testing
- Focuses on design (reusability, extensibility etc.)
- Team members who are experts in writing code and not just testing or test automation tools.
- Has a clear cut Automation development and governance plan
- Maintains detailed documentation on Test scenarios and Automation scripting
- Prepares a plan to track bugs and rectify them
- Identifies reusable functions in automation scripts
Organisations still use legacy applications and sooner or later see the need to migrate. This is where we step in. Our testing platforms ensure that applications developed for data migration from legacy to new applications work correctly without disrupting your business. Our usability testing ensures ease of use while our ability to confront and successfully recover from any type of system failure assures safety and integrity of the product.
Testing ensures that applications developed for data migration from legacy applications to new platforms work correctly. Defiance Testing Unit (DTU) have built extensive experience in data migration and testing migration programs, in line with industry standards. DTU has vast experience in following
- Extract, transform and load (ETL) and reporting tool experience
- Check database integrity, referential integrity and constraints
- Query language experience
- Deep knowledge of data structures and business rules
Defiance Testing Unit (DTU) performs usability testing by checking your web site’s ease-of-use and overall usability. We assess usability and design factors such as ease-of-navigation, consistency, feedback, performance, visual clarity, accessibility and whether on-line transactions actually do what they are supposed to do to ensure correct operation before going live.
Failure & Recovery testing
Defiance Testing Unit verifies product in terms of ability to confront and successfully recover from possible failures, arising from software bugs, hardware failure or communication problems (eg network failure). The objective of this test is to check the system restore (or duplicate the main functional systems), which, in the event of failure, ensure the safety and integrity of the data product being tested.
For clarity, we consider some variants of this test, and general methods for their implementation. The object of testing in most cases are highly probable operational problems, such as:
- Denial of electricity on a computer server
- Denial of electricity on the client computer